“Because you know it’s all about that bass, about that bass, about that bass.” If you love to hear the bass in your music, like I do, a subwoofer is the perfect investment for you.
We’ve sorted through the options and compiled our ranks to select for you the 5 best 12-inch subwoofers available on the market.
|Planet Audio AC12D Car Subwoofer – 1800 Watts Maximum Power, 12 Inch, Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil, Sold Individually||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 Punch P3 DVC 4-Ohm 12-Inch 600-Watt RMS 1200-Watt Peak Subwoofer||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Rockville W12K9D2 12″ 4000w Car Audio Subwoofer Dual 2-Ohm Sub CEA Compliant||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Kenwood KFC-W3016PS 12-Inch 2000W Subwoofer||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|12″ Car Audio Speaker Subwoofer – 1600 Watt High Power Bass Surround Sound Stereo Subwoofer Speaker System||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top 5 best 12-inch subwoofers available on the market.
Here is my short review about 12 inch subwoofers, keep reading to find the suitable for you.
1.Planet Audio AC12D Car Subwoofer – 1800 Watts Maximum Power, 12 Inch
If you’re tired of endlessly replacing your subwoofers because they wear out much too quickly, this might just be the best option for you. These budget-friendly subwoofers from BOSS Audio Systems are sold by themselves but are a premium solution to your sound needs.
These subwoofers are built to last with a cone that is made from polypropylene materials that make them durable through all types of usage so you can enjoy high-quality sound for a number of years with no worry of needing to replace your subwoofer.
This subwoofer is one of my top choices because the surround foam is flexible resulting in better quality sound than many other subwoofers on the market. The sound is clear and efficient and the cone moves minimally with bass production so there is little reverb or echo.
This subwoofer operates on 32Hz and produces 88 Db at dual 4 Ohm. This is considered a 12-inch subwoofer but it actually measures in at 13 inches in both depth and width. The height is 6 inches. With the stamped basket build, the sound will be music to your ears (quite literally).
Planet Audio offers a 3-year platinum warranty through the dealer for this subwoofer to ensure you get the best experience possible.
- Heat-resistant voice coils allow your subwoofer to remain in the car or any area you install it into and ensures your music quality is not impacted by the elements.
- The flexible foam in the surround of the subwoofer makes it highly efficient and durable.
- A 3-year online dealer warranty comes with this subwoofer so you can rest assured you are covered if something goes wrong.
- The cone is designed with high-quality material so you know this subwoofer is built to provide high-quality music while also being sturdy and long-lasting.
- The subwoofer seems to bottom out at much lower power expectation even when you build per the manufacturer’s specific recommendations.
- Sound-quality delivered does not meet expectations consistently, particularly for those who have extensive experience with various subwoofers.
3. Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 Punch Subwoofer
Pack a certain punch to your bass boost with this sweet subwoofer from Rockford Fosgate. This has the look and feel of an experienced subwoofer that is there to deliver quality sound to your listening experience.
This is a classic example of you get what you pay for. This subwoofer is definitely on the more pricy side but the quality speaks for itself. I like this subwoofer because it delivers consistent, clear bass tones with every use. This particular model is nearly irrefutable in comparison to others in the same range.
This 12-inch Punch subwoofer operates at 600 watts with a maximum of 1200-watt allowance. This speaker has a dual-voice coil and rings in at 4 Ohm. The edge is lined with 10-AWG plated nickel.
Your subwoofer has a sleek and sophisticated look that will show off your ability to choose the right subwoofer. The looks speak for themselves. There are no cheap or gaudy materials, just a simple sleek design.
Rockford Fosgate has a long-standing reputation and this subwoofer certainly meets their standards. If you are at all unsure about what they have to offer, don’t worry, it comes with a full-coverage 1-year warrant attached.
The basket is designed with flexible materials so you can adjust the speaker to your needs when you mount it into either a sealed or vented enclosure.
- This is a premium-quality subwoofer, designed to deliver excellent sound every single use.
- The speaker comes with a full 1-year manufacturer’s warranty to cover any unexpected glitches or issues.
- This subwoofer is made with voice-coils designed to withstand high heats and surrounded with Nomex spun-laced collaring for reinforcement.
- The basket of the subwoofer is flexible, which allows you to adjust the fit in your surround to best fit your needs and listening preferences.
- Speaker tends to fall and stop working even when it doesn’t appear to be blown. This defect is covered by the warranty within the timeframe.
- The flexible cone surrounding could separate and fall apart, causing the cone not to be adjustable or fit properly in the surround.
4. Rockville W12K9D2 CEA-Compliant Car Audio Subwoofer
Rockville is a trusted name in the car audio speaker industry and their K9 series speakers take the cake. This 12-inch subwoofer is both simple and serious. The overall design is simple with a branded center but it’s the build that really proves the worth.
This is a 2 Ohm subwoofer that operates at 2,000 watts but maximizes at 4,000 watts. This subwoofer was built to be CEA-compliant in RMS power-handling at 1,000 watts, making it a superior branded speaker that delivers.
The voice coils of this subwoofer are 4 layers deep and 3-inches thick, covered with 100% copper structuring that was made in Japan. This facet of the subwoofer sets it apart from many lesser-quality voice coils so you can enjoy premium sound every time.
The cone is non-pressed paper with an aluminum basket and a simple finish that is sanded black. Additionally, it is built stiff for durability purposes. The stiff cone gives you long-lasting endurance that handles high-powered setups.
You won’t experience fuzz or distortion with this design. This particular subwoofer takes my highest recommendation because it provides overall high-quality materials and is made to last for the long haul. You get clear and concise sound that simply can’t be beat.
- All of the materials used in this subwoofer are designed to be heavy-duty and durable for all occasions and locations.
- The Rockville 12-inch subwoofer is light-weight with a sleek and simple design and a great looking black finish.
- Japanese wiring is used for the voice coils and CCAW wiring, which are coated with a copper exterior. These are superior quality for the optimal listening experience.
- These are expertly designed to handle power and volume and to not give any feedback or distortion in return.
- This is a high-powered subwoofer, be mindful throughout the wiring process to ensure you don’t dead short your amp.
- The coils tend to smell hot and are capable of overheating.
5. Kenwood KFC-W3016OS Subwoofer
Let’s wrap up our top 5 picks with this option that is a perfect median between the low-end inexpensive subs and the high-end pricier subs that might not fit your budget restraints. This subwoofer is the perfect in-between on price and is an optimal quality choice as well.
The Kenwood 12-inch subwoofer has a modern appeal with a 2,000-watt maximum and 400-watt RMS build. This is a 4-Ohm unit perfectly designed for beautiful sound in your car. The best wattage handling is 50 to 400 watts of power.
You can experience a broad Hz range, anywhere from 27-300 depending on your setup. The cone is designed with polypropylene with the intention of durability through quality sound delivery. You can’t go wrong with this simple and effective speaker solution.
You can purchase this Kenwood subwoofer in a dual-pack for the double speaker and it builds easily into a surround to provide you with a proficient listening experience. Your quality sound will not be short-term and you shouldn’t have to worry about overpowering your speaker capacity if you follow instruction and recommendation.
We do recommend that you give the subwoofers a break-in period before you pump up your bass to full strength. It seems like this delivers the best results and prevents you from having distortion or blown speakers right away.
- When set up properly with appropriate wattage, you experience high-quality sound from a median-priced unit.
- The sound quality is crisp, clear, and impressive and the bass return is exemplary.
- The speakers are sleek and modern. They look great and feel great – you would never know they weren’t expensive speakers.
- The cone is enforced with polypropylene and designed to last through all types of use.
- When you maximize wattage, the subwoofers are prone to blowing or distorting.
- If you skip the recommendation for breaking in the speakers, your sound could distort and your coils could burn out.
5. Pyle 12-Inch Car Audio Speaker Subwoofer
This subwoofer from Pyle is designed with non-press paper in the cone and a foam surround. The sub operates on 1600 watts of power and contains a 2-inch, 4-layer voice coil for clear high-quality sound.
With the Pyle subwoofer, you get intense bass that is superior to your typical radio speaker. You can expect to enjoy 90 Db at dual 40 Ohm.
I really appreciate the clear bass notes that allow you to play your music loud without disrupting the tone of the music. You don’t need to worry about distortion or about the hot and cold weather affecting the sounds of the subwoofer.
This subwoofer is easy to mount with a 5.1-inch mounting depth. You will need wiring and the enclosure for mounting purposes.
I love that this subwoofer offers big sound while operating safely and efficiently. Your audio system will come to life whether it is placed in your house, car, boat, or even a home gym. These are perfect if you are new to subwoofers or if you are looking to upgrade your ancient sets.
You will find the Pyle 12-inch subwoofer to be an affordable option. A sealed enclosure is your option when you start reviewing enclosure options. A ported enclosure is more likely to give this subwoofer a booming-style bass return.
- Made with durable materials that will help this subwoofer last for years to come. It can be moved around and handle the beats of the music and stand up against the elements.
- 1600 watts of power allows you to experience excellent bass response on all of your favorite tracks. The sound is clear and efficient with no ringing or rattling.
- The spring-loaded speaker terminals, paired with a 60 oz. magnet structure will enhance your music experience and give you the ultimate durability.
- An ideal upgrade or starter speaker with intuitive build that sets it apart from comparable speakers.
- The leads tend to breakdown and lose connective power easily, which is simply no good when you’re working with a speaker intended to amplify the bass.
- Speakers blow if too much power is applied and seem to barely be able to withstand more than 100 watts of power at a time.
When choosing our top 5 picks, we tried to select a variety of options to provide you with an array of possibilities from affordable, budget-friendly picks to higher-end picks that promise superior quality.
What we found most often to be true is that you tend to get what you pay for but also that you can get high-quality options at a fraction of the price. It was hard for me to choose my ultimate favorite because these all provide their own unique characteristics and they each have something to offer.
In the end, the Rockville subwoofer wins my top pick because it truly is superior quality. The wattage handles well even at full power and you are less likely to experience blown speakers or distortion noises from the setup because superior materials are used.
If you need a budget-friendly approach, the Kenwood model certainly was a close runner-up to Rockville and it is well worth the review. This model has a modern appeal and delivers optimal sound quality every time.
Across the board, no matter which you decide is the best 12-inch subwoofer you should understand that they may need to break in and operating at maximum power every use wears them down quickly. Be sure you have them properly installed to handle the power so you don’t end up disappointed.